Creator: Klimt, Gustav, 1862-1918
Title:Translation Die Musik
Inscription: Inscribed lower right: GUSTAV KLIMT
Date destroyed or lost: 1945
Medium: oil on canvas
Object dimensions: 150 x 200 cm
Former repository: Lederer Collection
Circumstances of destruction or loss: Music II, along with other paintings from the Lederer collection, was removed to the Schloss Immendorf in Lower Austria for safekeeping where it were destroyed when the castle was burned by retreating SS troops in 1945.
Notes Music II was painted as a pendant to Schubert at the Piano of 1899 (also destroyed) for the music salon of the Palais Nikolaus Dumba in Viennna. It was exhibited in the First Vienna Secession exhibition in 1898, and later acquired by August Lederer.